If none of the roles above call out to you, they’re not your only options. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has found have median annual pay above $80,0000 and generally only require a high school diploma or a non-degree certification or license. There are a number of challenges discouraging would-be students from pursuing traditional degrees—starting with the hefty price tag. “The four-year-degree bubble is starting to wither,” says career alignment coach Aly Brine, as the costs rise and the return on investment isn’t as obvious. Just so you know, Buildremote may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page to help keep this site running.
- All information on Single Moms Income is for educational or entertainment purposes only.
- Graphic designers can design pretty much any visuals a company needs, such as logos, product packaging, infographics, social media images, and even elements of websites and software programs.
- Solid programming skills and at least three years of experience are top priorities for this work-from-home job.
- Here are three of the most common entry-level social media job titles that don’t require experience.
- Employers in professions including IT, design, sales, marketing, and healthcare (to name a few) routinely have openings for people who don’t need to have a college degree to qualify for the job.
- Another challenging part of working from home is the distractions in your environment.
- But if you think you will start making money from the very first day of your blogging journey, then I can say it is not possible to make money quickly from blogging.
Many online publications and bloggers hire proofreaders and so do magazines, authors, and local publications. If you’re interested in taking a course on finding writing clients I highly recommend Holly Johnson’s Earn More Writing course. This position is good for those who love to write and have excellent research and grammatical skills. Over the past several months I’ve seen a number of job postings looking for virtual bookkeepers as well as bookkeepers launching their own businesses. This job is best suited for someone who has prior experience running a blog or website. Solid programming skills and at least three years of experience are top priorities for this work-from-home job.
Work From Anywhere: Every Company & Job Board Out There
She added that while you don’t have to avoid other sites altogether, be aware that they come with higher risk of scams. Here are some of the most common online jobs and how to land a legitimate one, with or without experience. Social media managers can manage all of one company’s social media networks or specialize in just one network and work with many clients. If you’re looking for a decent work at home job but don’t have a degree, don’t lose hope. A minimum of four years working in internal marketing organizations or ad agencies is a top requirement to qualify for this fast-paced remote job. The successful candidate for this remote position will have at least five years of experience as a project manager and top-notch communication skills.
Going freelance is another option, if you prefer to set your own hours and want to work with several different clients or types of companies at once. Community managers are responsible for moderating and organizing the audience of a brand https://remotemode.net/blog/19-well-paid-remote-jobs-that-dont-need-a-degree/ or organization across social media groups, Slack channels, online forums, and other communities. Community managers may be responsible for answering questions, moderating discussions, and adding and removing people from groups.
Highest Paying Work From Home Jobs That Don’t Require a Degree
They manage the technical side of a website such as its performance, web traffic capacity, and speed. In-demand skills for a web developer include programming, WordPress development, and math. Another challenging part of working from home is the distractions in your environment. Remote workers should be able to work efficiently despite the noise and other factors that can steal or ruin their attention. Having a designated quiet room as your office will help you stay focused on your tasks. Employees who work remotely need a personal computer and a reliable Internet connection.
- They analyze system requirements and create solutions to meet the needs of the users.
- Writers produce a wide variety of written materials delivered to an audience in a number of ways.
- (Be sure to look for “remote” jobs if you’re looking to work from home.) You can also find clients through building up your own network and through outreach.
- To help job seekers without a bachelor’s degree find professional positions, we’ve identified 20 remote jobs that don’t always require a degree.
Job growth data comes from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics and represents projected growth from 2020 to 2030 (unless otherwise noted). Under each job category, we found up to three of the most common job titles that require no experience. The salaries you see are an average of those job title salaries pulled from Glassdoor.
Senior executive assistant
As we begin to look toward our post-pandemic future, it seems that more and more companies plan to permanently support more remote work opportunities across a wide range of industries. If you’re interested in pivoting to a job that allows you the flexibility that comes with working from home, consider these career options. Real estate agents are responsible for facilitating the sale and/or purchase of properties. Being a real estate agent offers a lot of flexibility; agents can focus on residential or commercial properties, they can represent buyers or sellers, or pick some combination of these.
Make a list of all the skills and knowledge you have acquired from your education, work history, and other experiences. Social media managers represent companies online by overseeing their web-based media presence and using social media to engage with clients. They track social media trends and plan strategies to improve a brand’s image or value. Social media managers react to comments in a steady brand voice, make unique posts, and connect with other organizations’ accounts. Yes, remote work has become more popular since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. To reduce expenses and protect employees, more companies are hiring remote workers.
Many of these positions could be a match for the skill sets older adults already have. However, you may still consider a college degree later on in your career to advance your knowledge and increase your chance of getting a higher position. Many college degree programs will suit your schedule so you can continue to work from home while furthering your education.
- Companies need feedback on the user experience of their websites, and they’ll pay you to get it.
- However, there are also plenty of scams masquerading as legitimate online jobs, as well as jobs that are real but pay you so little they may not be worth your time and effort.
- As social media becomes a business necessity across industries, demand for savvy social media experts will likely continue to grow.
- A remote testing job is responsible for trialing a website, software application, or game for usability and errors.
Bilingual or multilingual translators translate information from one language to another. Fast typing skills and editing skills are often requirements for these positions. Transcriptionists are part of the growing need for information processing professionals as organizations need to process large amounts of information. By converting audio files created by business and medical professionals into written text for use in secure files and records, these workers help organizations keep up with the rapid changes in today’s Information Age. Tutors provide one-on-one learning support for students of all ages, from K-12 to adult learning environments. Tutors help reinforce the subject material that the student may be having trouble comprehending.
Although there could be other job titles for translation services, most will at least include the word “translator” in the title. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a Social Media Specialist is $47,432. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for an E-mail Outreach Specialist is $52,342. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a Documentation Specialist is $50,938. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a Research Analyst is $44,452. A remote testing job is responsible for trialing a website, software application, or game for usability and errors.
Hands-on training is a great way to enhance your skills and get work-from-home jobs without a GED, especially for those who want to pursue programming or another tech job. Search for companies that provide quality training either online or on-site depending on your schedule. High-paying jobs without a degree are common in the tech industry, such as software engineers and web developers. The technical skills required for these entry-level tech jobs can be learned at top coding bootcamps in a matter of months. Lots of employers are looking for a hardworking and committed candidate like you. In this article, we present to you the list of the best work-from-home jobs without a degree.